[Nottingham] OT: Laptop repairs

Peter Adams praest76 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 14:43:28 UTC 2010

On 27 October 2010 20:32, Martin <martin at ml1.co.uk> wrote:
> If you're going to be at one of the meets, I could bring along an old
> Win98(!) laptop for the sake of a beer ;-) The battery is likely dead by
> now but otherwise all should work. The carry case is likely worth more
> than the laptop!
>
> Let me know if interested in picking it up,

Thanks, but it's unlikely I'll get to any of the meets or talks
anytime soon (I'm in Newark and need to rely on public transport). She
also needs a bit of battery life and something that will not crawl
when faced with the ridiculously bloated (200-300Mb!).doc files she's
getting from her lecturers at Notts-Trent like her old WinXP laptop
currently does.

I think I might get a few more quotes and then maybe dump it in favour
of a replacement. The same laptop can be found on eBay for £150-180 we
could probably get something better on credit.

--
Peter