[Nottingham] Are there any decent linux text editors?

Camilo Mesias camilo at mesias.co.uk
Mon Nov 15 23:07:51 UTC 2010

Daft question but if you want a Windows-like experience, why don't you
just use Windows?

If you really like Notepad++ I tried and it seemed to run under Wine
but to be honest I'd say that's a really poor experience compared to
any native editor.

I tend to use vim for code editing and have tried Emacs. Lots of
people swear by Slickedit and Eclipse. It sounds like you might not be
editing code though.

Try your favourites under wine, or slickedit... maybe try and find an
Emacs expert to help you - as there is a gui option, there are lots of
esoteric language options, search and even emulating other editors'
key bindings isn't a problem...

-Cam