[Nottingham] Website Theme version b

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Oct 8 12:54:14 UTC 2010

On 08/10/10 13:31, ForkBombFluf wrote:
> (This top-posted comment has been inserted purely to irritate Martin.)

How so?

Or are you just demonstrating how a certain gender works best in a
random chronological disorder?

;-)

Then again, does time really have always a single direction or is that
just an artefact of our perceptions?

> On Fri, 8 Oct 2010, Martin wrote:
>> On 08/10/10 10:20, Steve Hawkins wrote:
>>> Gah, my poor eyes! All that green is a little too much. I might have a

>> A white background with black text would be a lot easier on the eyes.
>
> I disagree here.

I thought white on black was so very old school harking back to the days
of the old CRT where illuminated phosphor was expensive. Or are we going
retro to be trendy?

Do the new LED monitors save energy with a black background?

(Back illuminated TFT's burn the same illumination regardless of the
image displayed.)

>> At the moment, the contrast looks too harsh.
>
> But agree here.  Maybe try using 007700 instead of 00ff00 for the borders.

Hey! You're likely the best expert for visual usability. You're offered
the deciding vote on contrast/readability :-)

The new sites for NLUG:

http://nlug.wp.ml1.co.uk/

http://nottlug.blogspot.com/

http://nlug.c25.eu/