[Nottingham] Hi!

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue Oct 12 17:06:21 UTC 2010

On 12/10/10 14:09, Michael Erskine wrote:
> On 12 October 2010 11:56, Martin <martin at ml1.co.uk> wrote:
>> You might have guessed we're revamping the website... Which of these do
>> you consider the better? Comments?
>>
>> http://nlug.c25.eu/
>>
>> http://nottlug.blogspot.com/
>>
>> http://nlug.wp.ml1.co.uk/
>
> What's with the fixed widths? These layouts will not flow well on many
> modern devices.

That's a good point, especially so for the wide range of display devices
in use now.

>> Any preferences/examples yourself?
>
> Whilst content is king, layout is important - especially when it
> spoils your viewing of the content! Keep it simple and compliant -
> nobody can rightly ask for more!

I agree, especially so for simple and compatible. Hope to include
elegant and useful also!

I guess we've got to also include some Robin Hood green in there aswell :-)

My thoughts about the sites follow in the "NLUG new website: Comments
#02" thread...

Thanks,

martin at ml1.co.uk