[Nottingham] Mobile phone unlocking

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Oct 20 14:06:54 UTC 2010

On 20/10/10 14:29, Steve Hawkins wrote:
> As far as transfering numbers from one sim to another goes i've never
> had any issue using the PAC method.
>
> However, if you want something a little more flexible and future proof
> (say you get another provider locked phone) you could go another route.
> I use a Rebel Sim from http://rebelsimcard.com to allow my Orange locked
> HTC Hero to use my 3Network sim. It's pretty much as simple as put it in
> the sim slot with the sim you have and turn the phone on. Ta da, i'm
> using 3 network.

OK... That's got me bemused...

Yet another permutation :-) Thanks, interesting...

Anyone up for giving a talk on how mobile networks work and the sim
trickery?! ;-)

Still musing options at the moment.

Just got a replacement phone. Added a month's teaser options thrown in
for the sake of a £10 sim... Will be having a play as soon as the
battery is charged!

martin at ml1.co.uk