[Nottingham] Google unbeatable? Absolute power corrupts?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Oct 22 15:46:44 UTC 2010

On 22/10/10 16:38, Michael Erskine wrote:
> On 22 October 2010 16:16, Martin <martin at ml1.co.uk> wrote:
>> And my new mobile phone is all tied into it, whether I want it to be or not.
>
> You are not required to have a Google account to use your android phone!

On mine, that's required before you can use the (Google?) "Market"
application to download and install Android applications.

...Or at the very least, you can't connect to use the "Market" until the
phone has recorded that you've entered your details for a gmail account.

Agreed, you can keep with just the pre-installed stuff without Google...
But then why have Android if you're not going to add apps? (Especially,
such as an ssh client.)

martin at ml1.co.uk