[Nottingham] Mobile experience: From 'stone age' to 'smart age'!

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Tue Oct 26 13:24:08 UTC 2010

On 22/10/10 16:15, Martin wrote:
> Folks,
>
> OK, so I'm back on the mobile airwaves again and have just jumped nearly
> a full decade in technology and 'customer experience'. So for anyone
[---]

> So I've gone smart phone with Android 2.1 and added a few apps
> already... The main features are: Multi-touch screen, Quad band,
> Bluetooth, WiFi, 3G, GPS, Android (for ssh to wherever), and it's also a
> phone!
[---]
> So far, I've been pleasantly surprised by Android. My list of apps
> downloaded already stretches to:
>
> ConnectBot
> Ping & DNS
> Magnifying Glass
> Stats
> Tricorder
> Notepad
> SMS Backup & Restore
> GPS Test
> GPS OnOff
> WiFi OnOff
> Bluetooth OnOff
> APNdroid
> WiFi Analyzer
> Unit Converter
> Compass

So far, those have worked well. The Tricorder is a real giggle and can
actually be useful. The WiFi Analyzer is very good for it's clear
display of what networks are available and for how their channels might
overlap.

Now... This thing has GPS...

For a giggle, are there any Android apps that can be recommended so that
I can use it as an ntp *source* ?

(Not that I need it, but it's more a case of it's something that /can/
be done :-) )

martin at ml1.co.uk