[Nottingham] OT: Laptop repairs

Peter Adams praest76 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 27 07:20:38 UTC 2010

Hi folks,

I have an Acer laptop here that's recently stopped acknowledging any
attached USB devices as well as it's own keyboard and track-pad (which
I'm guessing are attached via internal USB connection?) I suspect the
USB controller has died, but my knowledge of the internal workings of
laptops is limited.

Has anyone got experience of the local Newark or Nottingham laptop
repair places and can recommended one? I can't really afford to
replace it at the moment and would rather get it repaired if possible.
My girlfriend is currently stuck using her old laptop which lost it's
portability when the screen fell off.

There is a place advertising £75 laptop motherboard repairs but I'm
wondering if that is too good to be true.

--
Peter