[Nottingham] Odd FTP problem

stripes stripes at roppa.demon.co.uk
Wed Sep 1 05:46:54 UTC 2010

Latest things I have tried.

Deleted firewall
sudo apt-get remove iptables --purge

Made no difference.

Installed firewall
sudo apt-get install iptable fwbuilder

Configured with the built in server template.

FTP problem partially resolved

With Gftp it now connects and works but keeps showing
Ignoring IP address in PASV response

With Filezilla it now connects but won't give a directory listing
until I refresh thereafter it works fine but also shows Ignoring IP
address in PASV response

Kasablanca still refuses to work falling over with the 500 syntax
error, unrecognised command.

Pair continue to claim that they can't reproduce the error and
therefore it is not real.

On the upside I now have a better firewall and can get back to the
website to finish deleting rubbish but frustratingly I don't know why

Stripes