[Nottingham] Greetings

R James Holland modestforagenius at gmail.com
Mon Sep 6 19:27:12 UTC 2010

We meet on the first Wednesday of every month at the Navigation Inn, by the
canal near(-ish) the castle (http://bit.ly/9pL9A9).
Here we just chat around a specific topic, specified in an email on the
mailing list. Sometimes people come with questions or specific problems, and
everyone has a go at solving.
Come on the first Wednesday of October, and I have a whole stack of Linux
Format back-issues I'm bringing along to hand out.

In addition to regular meets, we occasionally have socials where we head to
a restaurant or similar, usually in the city centre. There happen about
every other month.

I hope to see you in October!

On 6 September 2010 19:35, Peter Adams <praest76 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I will be following my girlfriend to Nottingham next month where she
> is starting university as a mature student. In all the stresses that
> come with moving to a new city (technically in a new country as we are
> moving from Belfast) it's somewhat comforting to know there is a LUG
> of some kind where a GNU/Linux fan/user can find some familiarity and
> comfort.
>
> Is there much of an active Linux/FOSS community in the Notts area?
>
> --
> Peter

R. James Holland
0115 9 509 789