[Nottingham] Nottingham Hackspace needs help!

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Sat Apr 16 19:25:58 UTC 2011

Folks,

Forwarded on from Dominic, the Hackspace organiser:

####
... our landlords The Art Org
have been evicted from our current home, the Old Police Station on
Station Street.

We had made an arrangement to move into the Hopkinson Gallery's
basement. After a long and careful reflection the board of trustees
has decided that the basement is not the right move for Nottingham
Hackspace at this time.

Unfortunately there were a number of issues with our access needs, the
question of sharing the space with screen printing equipment, the
plumbing and bathroom situation as well as the general aspect of the
space. We feel that being underground even with the planned addition
of windows and better lighting would probably discourage rather then
encourage usage of the space and a growing membership.

We'd like to wish The Art Organisation and the Hopkinson Gallery every
success for the future and we are sad that we now have to part
company. The future of the Hackspace is in the balance and we have
decided that leaving The Old Police Station is an opportunity for us
to get a bigger better space. We've found the perfect place it's
really great

http://www.flickr.com/photos/61337230@N05/sets/72157626496455506/

WE NEED YOUR HELP! ...

Shortly more information will appear on www.nottinghack.org.uk with
information about how to help!

In the meantime please help by looking out for tweets, forwarding this
information and generally banging the gong!

Thank you very much for your help!

Dominic
Nottingham Hackspace Organiser
####