[Nottingham] Share your operating system bundling tales with the EU

Richard Hodgson rich at dearinternet.com
Thu Apr 21 00:27:57 UTC 2011

I'm a little less cynical; I can't imagine most regular users would buy
something without Windows. That said, it was rather difficult to find on
their site at the time - You'd only find their Ubuntu laptops if you
specifically searched for them, and only on a couple of selected models.

Personally I think that preloaded Linux laptops fail to sell based on their
target audience; most Linux enthusiasts prefer to be able to choose their
distro than wanting something preinstalled, preferring compatible hardware
over a preinstalled distro.

Honestly, I'd rather be able to buy laptops without an OS so I don't have to
pay for a Windows licence if I don't want one.