[Nottingham] Considering the last talk...

Richard Hodgson rich at dearinternet.com
Sat Apr 30 17:09:23 UTC 2011

No-one is claiming that you're acting criminally by running an open access
point, merely stating that you risk opening yourself up to a criminal
investigation if someone uses your access point for criminal deeds.

Being a *suspect* in a criminal investigation does not make you a criminal.
That's why they're called suspects; they're *suspect*ed of being involved in
a criminal act, and it's up to the police to prove beyond reasonable doubt
as to who was behind the act. That means eliminating suspects, and that
means seizing your computer equipment in order to check your machines,
routers and wireless access points for incriminating evidence.