[Nottingham] Considering the last talk...

Sergiusz Pawlowicz sergiusz at pawlowicz.name
Sat Apr 30 18:35:17 UTC 2011

On Sat, Apr 30, 2011 at 19:04, David Aldred <davidaldred at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 30 April 2011 17:42, Sergiusz Pawlowicz <sergiusz at pawlowicz.name> wrote:
>>
>> Again, is socially all right to kill children by remotely controlled
>> robots,
>
> No, it's not - or I'd say it's not, just as it's not right to prop up a
> social system in which child abuse is taken as acceptable, like
> Afghanistan.
>

>>  What exactly can be acted "criminally" - as, I
>> hope, all sensitive government networks are not connected to the
>> internet?
>
> Uploads to child pornography websites would be an example.   You're
> presumably happy to leave your equipment in a state in which it can be used
> for that purpose.
>
> On the basis of your arguments so far, you'll now say that involvement in
> child pornography should not be illegal, because the government is acting
> badly in its conduct of war.  If so, I hope you have plenty of chances to
> meet the victims, and that they get to explain to you exactly why that's a
> stupdily invalid argument.   Possibly with the aid of lots of sharp things -
> which by your argument wouldn't be wrong, as the government misuse sharp
> things in other circumstances.
>
> Sheesh.

Yes. Exactly.

In my opinion, leaving an open wifi, to help my neighbours to cut the
bills or sometimes even create possibility of any connection, to
protect freedom of speech as well, is important enough to justify an
unlikely possibility to allow a bad guy to download a picture. And if
we compare it to real murders of real children, which are justified to
further the geo-strategic and profit aims of a ruling financial elite
- I am sure I am a good guy.

I do not believe issuing an electronic ID, is a solution to make our
world better and safer for all.

S.