[Nottingham] rms

Barry Drake ubuntu-advertising at gmx.com
Thu Aug 25 10:05:35 UTC 2011

Hi there ....  i thoroughly enjoyed hearing RMS last night.  He is one
of the most entertaining speakers I have ever heard.  I knew he held
extreme views which I respect and understand, but I think he is damaging
the overall cause through his absolutism.  People (maybe especially
people in government etc) are antagonised by zealots.  The compromising
that Ubuntu does makes it far far easier for folk like me to make
converts.  Richard and his disciples seem to close doors - especially
when they storm the gates of hardware manufacturers.

Just wondered how others feel about this issue?  Some folk need to make
a living, as Martin pointed out in one of his questions.

BTW, is there a recording available?  I'd like a friend to hear the talk.

Regards,        Barry.

http://ubuntuadverts.org/