[Nottingham] Computer for sale! Linux compatibility assured.

Rory Holland rory at linux.com
Thu Dec 1 20:38:35 UTC 2011

Hello all!
Thought I'd post here before eBay etc.

I'm selling my old PC, but hear me out, it's not that old.

It's a custom built PC I've been using as my main system for the last 2 years.

It is in full working order HOWEVER the CdRom drive doesn't work as
for some reason only one SATA port on the motherboard works (You might
know how to fix this). Still, I'll give you a USB DVD drive for free
with it so you won't lose functionality.
I don't plan to sell this with an operating system, and the disk will be wiped.
However, if you want a particular OS on it, let me know when you win
it, and I'll do my best to install and configure it for you.

This computer will serve you well for many years
It includes a solid-state drive for super-fast-ness.
It's a "proper" grown-up SSD from a real brand (Kingston).

You can choose between an 80Gib SSD or a 1Tib traditional disk for the
same price.

The specs are as follows:
Case: Antec Three Hundred
  Comes with a large exhaust fan on the top

RAM:
4 Gigabytes of RAM, so good for multitasking. Runs Photoshop and stuff
all at the same time.

CPU:
Intel Core 2 Duo E7400 - One of the better Core 2 Duos, this runs well
and is overclocked a bit.
It has a fully passive heatsink, so it's very quiet!

Graphics Card:
ATI / AMD Radeon HD 4870  - I used this for Oblivion, Crysis and other
such games. Plays them all on full on my 1680x01050 monitor at very
good fps. Should play the current crop of winter games well too
(Skyrim etc).

Let me know if you're interested, I'm looking at about £200.
You can come pick it up to save postage etc, I'm located central Nottingham