[Nottingham] find and recursive home mounts

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 5 18:08:56 UTC 2011

On 05/12/11 17:34, Mike Martin wrote:
> box1 has home directory of box2 mounted on ~/box2
> box2 has home directory of box1 mounted on ~/box1
>
> both using sshfs, though I would expect same issue with NFA/CIFS

Security?
Remove permissions for the box1 ssh user to ~/box1 on box2.
Remove permissions for the box2 ssh user to ~/box2 on box1.

My crude guess would be to have a share group (e.g. "box-share") that
contains everyone but the other user (e.g. on box1 it's everyone but the
box2 ssh user).  Then go with 740 as the permissions (or whatever makes
sense for your use case).  Upshot should be that the local box user
cannot see their own home via the foreign share.
I hope that all made sense.

I really need to learn more about sharing that simple cobbling Samba
configs together...

--
Jason Irwin