[Nottingham] [Talk] *TODAY* Wednesday 07/12/2011: Lights, Sound, Computer, Mind, Action! A Dream Within A Dream?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Dec 7 01:45:21 UTC 2011

Folks,

 *TODAY* Wednesday 07/12/2011:

Lights, Sound, Computer, Mind, Action!
http://nlug.ml1.co.uk/2011/12/all-in-a-virtual-world/746

For A Dream Within A Dream?

Is all that we see or seem, but a dream within a dream?… Certainly
seems so virtually…

This ‘talk’ is going to be more of a video show and musical dance
through alternate worlds and developments spanning a selection of
virtual realms across the decades. Hopefully, all resolving into
something to expand your minds and perhaps even your musical tastes a
little…

So for a superluminal whoosh through the real-world-resolving of bits
and pixels and voxels and virtuality, adventure onwards to our usual
venue in our Real World on Canal Street:

Fellows Morton and Clayton
54 Canal Street
Nottingham, NG1 7EH
Telephone: 0115 9506795

To find us,  go through to the back of the pub and we’re up the spiral
staircase in the restaurant. Just ask one of the friendly bar staff
for NLUG if lost.

Food is also served through into the evening.

Wednesday 07/12/2011:

    7:30pm: Meet
    8:00pm: Virtual Talk
    9:00pm: General discussions

Cuddly Gnus, Penguins, Avatars, and All welcome!

See ya there!