[Nottingham] USB3 interface cards

Kurtis Brown kurtisbrown2 at sky.com
Wed Dec 21 10:09:10 UTC 2011

Hi Martin,
My understanding is that USB3 & USB2 are each on a separate Bus. So for
each USB Host your USB2 devices will still share the same 480Mb/s bandwith.

You can access the USB3 Specification here
http://www.usb.org/developers/docs/usb_30_spec_092911.zip you want to take
a look at section 3.1 for more understanding. The relevant passage is:

USB 3.0 is a physical SuperSpeed bus combined in parallel with a physical
USB 2.0 bus

Hope that helps

Kurt