[Nottingham] [Talk] Wednesday 02/03/2011 btrfs: A Better File System? Or a COW?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Mon Feb 28 01:40:27 UTC 2011

Folks,

This Wednesday 02/03/2011, we have a new venue and a talk on a new filesystem:

btrfs: A Better File System? Or a COW?
==============================

http://nlug.ml1.co.uk/2011/02/btrfs-a-better-file-system-or-a-cow/158

Without getting lost in either deep arcanery or the acronyms, I hope
to give an insight into why btrfs is stirring much excitement as the
new advanced filesystem for Linux...

... is your data meticulously neatly stacked ready for instant retrieval?...

For new and old alike, all will be unscrambled at:

Fellows Morton and Clayton
54 Canal Street
Nottingham, NG1 7EH

Telephone: 0115 9506795

To find us, go through to the back of the pub and we’re up the spiral
staircase. Just ask one of the friendly bar staff for NLUG if lost.

Food is also served through into the evening.

Wednesday 02/03/2011

    * 7:30pm: Meet
    * 8:00pm: Talk
    * 9:00pm: General discussions