[Nottingham] Android update kills USB internet tether?!

Richard Hodgson rich at dearinternet.com
Sun Jan 30 22:04:27 UTC 2011

Which phone is it and which network? Some networks have their own official
OTA updates that have their own setups regarding tethering.

Personally, I'm all for rooting and getting a more fully featured ROM - Once
you get a custom recovery ROM onto the phone, you can do a full Nandroid
backup, meaning that you can easily restore your previous setup if a new ROM
doesn't work out for you. I can personally recommend the CyanogenMod ROMs -
I tend to use a recent nightly build, which are generally pretty stable, but
the RCs are usually the safest.