[Nottingham] Android update kills USB internet tether?!

Richard Hodgson rich at dearinternet.com
Sun Jan 30 23:23:51 UTC 2011

For databases: The problem is that Android versions change so regularly, and
there are so many ROMs about (and new ones appearing), that it's virtually
impossible to keep anything other than a community based project, like a
forum, anywhere near close to up to date.

If you really want to get nitty-gritty, you can always cook your own ROM:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=633246

As for CM7, I can only say 'don't knock it till you've tried it'. Different
ROMs will have different features, but CM tends to be the one leading the
pack with kernel/CPU/battery optimisations and the like.