[Nottingham] Possible Richard Stallman talk in Nottingham - Who's interested?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Sat Jul 2 17:12:38 UTC 2011

Folks,

I'm sure most people have heard of Richard Matthew Stallman, more
commonly known as rms ... (If not, his name is on a lot of the "GNU"
part of the software on "GNU/Linux" systems. Also significantly famous
for the GPL and "copyleft".)

Provided we can persuade him to visit Nottingham, how many of our
group would be keen to hear him speak for an evening on one of 22-24
Aug 2011 (Monday - Wednesday)?

Please say if interested/definite so we can gauge how big an event to
plan for if we can go for it.

Should make for an interesting evening with the man behind the FSF and
one of the big names in today's computing in general.

Disclaimer: Note that there is a huge amount of credit to be
acknowledged to very many people that have all contributed to put
together the "Free/Libre Open Source" world that we all now positively
take advantage of.

FSF: Free Software Foundation
http://www.fsf.org/