[Nottingham] samsung chromebook

Sergiusz Pawlowicz sergiusz at pawlowicz.name
Tue Jul 12 11:35:16 UTC 2011

On Tue, Jul 12, 2011 at 12:00, Camilo Mesias <camilo at mesias.co.uk> wrote:
> I'm curious what you can do with it apart from web browsing... does it
> have USB ports? Can you connect cameras, use a webcam, usb flash disks
> etc? Is there a BIOS or is there no opportunity to hack it / boot
> Linux at all? Does it have an HDMI port and can you connect it to a
> TV? Could you download or stream full-screen video?

it has two usb ports, it has built in camera, it is possible to
repartition the 16g ssd and install any linux or install it on a sd
card. 720hd flash is streamed without any single problem. there is no
hdmi, but mini vga only (a cable to normal vga comes with the netbook)

chrome os is nothing more and nothing less then chrome browser on the
top of 2.6.32 kernel. they spent a lot of time on powerd, which makes
amazing 8h hours of active browsing.

the processor is dual core n570 atom, which gives 4 ht. the screen is
amazing, bright, clear, 1280x800. netbook is plastic, but with a very
good design and quality.

you cannot buy a better 350 pounds superportable.

more info:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0052JBIPK/

s.