[Nottingham] OpenID?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Jul 14 12:46:43 UTC 2011

>> There's still GPG signatures...
>>

>> Anyone interested in giving a talk about online identity and security?
>>
>> How do you know this is me emailing you all?! ;-)

> You do have a very distinct style... almost conversational, which is unusual
> to see in the written word, unless transcribed or an exceedingly talented
> author of fiction.
>
> ...are you published yet??

Somewhat taken aback there!

I am published but nothing most people would want to read unless
you're into instrumentation for scanning probe microscopy and
sub-nanometre scale force-distance spectroscopy...

Which still leaves the possibility of an elaborate Eliza having
ingested all my writings to then bolt appropriate phrases together...
How would anyone know other than by relying on the Turing test or a
Blade Runner style void-com(sp?) test?

Anyone game for explaining online identity? (Ideal lead-in to GPG ;-) )

Things must have happened since our last talk on the subject years ago.