[Nottingham] Install problems on new Netbook - Aspire One D255

David Aldred davidaldred at gmail.com
Thu Jul 14 20:43:03 UTC 2011

An update: having identified that there were other problems with the
original netbook (spec not actually as advertised), I've now replaced it,
and with the aid of Simon's USB CD drive installed Lubuntu.   All went very
smoothly, and despite reports that extra work might be involved in getting
suspend, the SD card reader and webcam to work properly, in fact they all
worked out of the box.

So thanks again to Simon; I did try this one with a USB key and again no
joy, so I'll be picking up a cheap external CD somewhere...

David Aldred