[Nottingham] Parcelforce

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Jul 27 13:20:33 UTC 2011

>> Or maybe I just need to take a chill-pill...
>
> That would be my point of view :).

I agree, but I also side with Jason on this one. Is it a sign of
monopoly status or blind ignorant arrogance that the Parcelforce
managers believe that they can dictate what the entire internet does
for the sake of their poorly put together website?

Perhaps writing off 25% or so of the internet users and dictating what
they must use is indeed a sign of monopoly status...

Or must we all downgrade back to driving Model-T Fords because one
Americanised petrol station still sells leaded petrol only?

If noone comments, we may as well cease to develop...

(OK, so that's my late-lunch rant! :-) )

Then again, I'm still fuming at one rushed employee at the Padge Lane
sorting office wasting a few hours of my time. The recompence from my
complaint?... A book of stamps and a note to clarify that I should
have indeed been handed my parcel there and then in person rather than
a week later...

(OK, that's my late-lunch rant #2! :-) )

Can the post office and Parcelforce improve their act? Have they even
got any incentive to improve as email and couriers take over?