[Nottingham] flv to mp3

James Moore jmthelostpacket at googlemail.com
Sun Jul 31 13:47:30 UTC 2011

On 31/07/2011 12:04, Ron Wilton wrote:
> Hello
>
> I've downloaded a BBC Radio Nottingham programme using 'get_iplayer'
> and have got a file with named 'p00hyl41_default.partial.mp3.flv'.
> I've downloaded it onto my MP3 player, but am unable to see it on the
> player's menu.
>
> I assume that I have to convert it somehow from 'flv' to mp3. Does
> anyone have any suggestions, please?
>
> Thanks
>
> Ron

You've got a problem there, Ron, in that the file is incomplete...
otherwise, there's a plugin for Firefox (I don't know if it works in
Linux) called "Video Downloadhelper". This bit of kit has the ability to
convert pretty much any online video stream to any format you have
codecs for. Failing it working in Firefox for Linux, then you might be
looking at running it in a VM (which does work, I've used it on XP guest
in Virtualbox).

Failing all that, then there's always Audacity and the Analogue Hole...