[Nottingham] need new wireless hub

godfrey godfrey at gnnix.co.uk
Mon Jun 6 19:35:16 UTC 2011

Hi,

After 5 years plus of almost faultless operation, my Linksys Wireless router
with 4 port hub finally packed in.

My home network is part cabled devices and laptops with wireless connections
running 802.11g. The Linksys router plugs into the Virgin cable modem device
ethernet port.

I am looking for a replacement and wonder if anyone has suggestions of what to
go for, or what to avoid.

My network use of the computer is limited to remote desktop to the office,
fetching and sending email and online creation of web pages.

At the moment I am not looking for faster than 802.11g ass that is the limit
of the wireless devices I have, although if the cost is not too much greater
I might think of looking at a higher speed.

Greetings,
Godfrey