[Nottingham] Here's something to annoying you

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 13:55:51 UTC 2011

Go to the Parcelforce website and try to arrange to send a package from
anything other than Windows (http://www.parcelforce.com/) and you'll see
this (mostly in big, angry, red letters):
"Every time you try to access our parcel sending pages we check to ensure
that your operating system and browser settings will allow you to use our
system without any technical issues.

Our software shows that the operating system/browser you are using to access
our system is not one we support. You may continue if you wish however we
cannot guarantee completion of the booking process. If you would like
further information about the operating systems and browsers we support
please click on the button below.

Your Operating System should be one of the following:
  . Windows 2000 (SP4 or better)
  . Windows XP (SP1 or better)
  . Windows Vista
  . Windows 7"

Now I know about 18 months-or-so ago there was a to-do over their website
and it seems they have updated it.  For relative values of "update" more
akin to "knobble" as it seems like their site is still only a happy camper
if you use Windows and if you dare to use anything else - big fat red
warning for you, Mr./Ms.  Freedom O'Choice!  Oh, and if you are a
high-rolling Mac user, you're in trouble too.

I can't for the life of me work out why they give two craps what OS you use.

Oh yeah, and they require Adobe Acrobat too. Sheesh.

J.