[Nottingham] AWK script

Camilo Mesias camilo at mesias.co.uk
Fri Mar 25 08:22:37 UTC 2011

Hi,

On Fri, Mar 25, 2011 at 12:34 AM, stripes <stripes at roppa.demon.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi Cam,
>
> Yes your script works but it is not really the output I wanted it
> gives an out put of

> Title:
> Title:
> Author:
> Title

Ah I see, that's down to the format I suppose. I think if I was doing
it this way (with awk) and passing in the name anyway, I would
probably not bother printing the name found. In fact you could have
two scripts, one that prints a list of names only and another that
prints all the titles for one name...

Anything more complex I would attack with bash or Perl but mainly
because I am familiar with Perl. I could try and knock up a one-liner
if it helps?

-Cam