[Nottingham] NLUG links page

Mark O'Shea mark at musicalstoat.co.uk
Wed Mar 30 14:16:05 UTC 2011

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 03:02:48PM +0100, Martin wrote:
> Reminds me of Webmin:
Puppet and webmin are not the same thing.  Read both again.

> Others? Recommendations?
We're just putting in a new 9600 core cluster that currently ranks 87 in the HPC Top 500.  Excuse my french but bollocks to using dd.  We use xcat (previously IBM cluster manager before it was open sourced) which does lots of things to help us manage the cluster but when installing nodes (which it can do all of them at the same time) it produces kickstart files on the fly from templates and network boots the nodes to kick off the installer.