[Nottingham] Non booting USB key

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Fri May 13 10:11:57 UTC 2011

> I have a bootable usb key running Ubuntu meerkat but for some reason
> it won't boot on the system I currently have access to (hangs part way
> though boot).

I can't help with the booting issue, I've had a laptop do the same and put
it down to a fault with that lappy.  Have you tried Plop to see if that
helps get it booting?

> So where does Ubuntu put files that you save on a bootable usb

Is the persistence file not called "casper-rw"?  Might be worth having a
look on the stick itself to see if there's other Casper files.

J.