[Nottingham] What netbook to get

stripes stripes at roppa.demon.co.uk
Fri May 20 23:49:56 UTC 2011

Dear Group,

I am looking to get a net book mostly to read academic papers and
doing a bit of e-mail while traveling. Having had a good look at what
is on offer I like the look of these 3 all of which come with windoze,
has anyone had any experience with installing Linux on them or have
any comments at all about them?

Asus Eee PC 1015PEM Seashell Netbook, Atom N550 1.5GHz, 1GB RAM, 250GB
HDD, 10.1" LED, NOOPT, Bluetooth, WebCam, Windows 7 Starter

Acer Aspire One 533 Netbook, Atom N550 1.5GHz, 250GB HDD, 1GB RAM,
10.1" LED, NOOPT, GMA 3150, Webcam, Bluetooth, Windows 7

Samsung N150 Plus Netbook, Atom N550 1.5GHz, 1GB RAM, 250GB HDD, 10.1"
LED WSVGA, NOOPT, GMA 3150, Webcam, Bluetooth, Windows 7 Starter

Stripes