[Nottingham] Going IPv6 - any issues or gotchas to watch?

Aritra Dalal aritra.dalal at gmail.com
Mon May 23 09:51:45 UTC 2011

I'd say there's no real need as of yet, unless you want to start remote connections via ipv6... I got a few tunnels and subnets from sixxs, and use them for remotely logging in from a co.cc domain. The good thing aboout tht is, the tunnel has a static ip, and downloads ipv6 content from, with only an extra 3ms lag on an average (for me atleast) from the host connection.
That being said, i'd say going for it means you'd be a step ahead, and ready for ipv6 only content, and dual stacking is always a good thing.
Also, because ipv6 networks mean direct global connection to computers behind a router, security is a big hassle, and might need some looking into.
In short, i recommend going for it and iron out security issues now than rushing to do things later to access ipv6 content and perhaps forgetting to close insecure routes.
How are you getting the ipv6 addresses by the way?
--
This email and any attachment(s) are for the exclusive use of the intended recipient(s), and may contain confidential, or otherwise priviledged, information, and unaythorised use of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email erroneously, please notify the sender immediately, and delete this email and any attachment from the system. Although reasonable precautions have been taken, the sender accepts no responsibilities for any loss or damage arising from the presense of an infection.