[Nottingham] [Talk] Wednesday 01/06/2011: What a pretty GIMP!

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Sun May 29 14:15:22 UTC 2011

Folks,

Wednesday 01/06/2011:

What a pretty GIMP! - An Introduction to Image Manipulation

http://nlug.ml1.co.uk/2011/05/what-a-pretty-gimp/249

There’s far far far far far too much to cover for the 16-years or so
of development that has gone into GIMP. Hence this talk will be more
of a demonstration of how to do useful everyday tasks for cleaning up
or modifying typical point-and-shoot pictures. Depending on audience
interest and time (and beer), we may also move on to cover some of the
more “pro”/”advanced” features that GIMP offers.

The “Photoshop” of the open-source world? Here, you too can become GIMPed!

All at our usual venue:

Fellows Morton and Clayton
54 Canal Street
Nottingham, NG1 7EH
Telephone: 0115 9506795

To find us, go through to the back of the pub and we’re up the spiral
staircase. Just ask one of the friendly bar staff for NLUG if lost.

Food is also served through into the evening.

Wednesday 01/06/2011:

    * 7:30pm: Meet
    * 8:00pm: Talk
    * 9:00pm: General discussions