[Nottingham] [Talk] Wednesday 02/11/2011: The Attraction of Contributors in FLOSS

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Nov 4 18:08:17 UTC 2011

Folks,

> We've had the freedom of rms recently. From which there has I hope
> been some good discussion.
>
> We now have another perspective for what the community actually /does/ with:
>

> The Attraction of Contributors in Free/Libre and Open Source Software
> http://nlug.ml1.co.uk/2011/09/the-attraction-of-contributors-in-floss/575
>
> Dr Carlos Denner

Many thanks to Carlos for a thought provoking talk. All the more so
for just before his return to Brazil.

A summary and comments are given on:

http://nlug.ml1.co.uk/2011/09/the-attraction-of-contributors-in-floss/575#comment-25

I'm still musing the balance between FLOSS and business, freedom and
proprietary, and for where we can gain a *healthy* mix... Answers on a
postcard?... ;-)