[Nottingham] booting from usb disc drive

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 08:43:51 UTC 2011

On 06/11/11 19:01, Iain dimmock wrote:
> I'm sat in front of a hp110 with ubuntu 10.04 installed and I get boot from the external drive.
> It isn't on the bios boot options
> but during normal use the system can see the sabyon disc
> how can I boot from the disc drive?

If there is no option to boot from USB in the BIOS, is it possible to
get a firmware upgrade that offers it?  The HP site may have some info.

If not, try "plop".  This basically boot from the internal drive (or CD
or...) just enough to give USB support and then switches to booting from
the configured drive.  http://www.plop.at/en/bootmanager.html
I looked at it once a while ago when I thought I'd need it for an errant
laptop, not actually used it in anger through.

--
Jason Irwin