[Nottingham] Video of btrfs demo

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Nov 9 14:00:26 UTC 2011

On 9 November 2011 11:49, Jason Irwin <jasonirwin73 at gmail.com> wrote:
> From another list (EdLUG as it happens).  Rather interesting little
> video on BTRFS.
>
> J.

Good giggle and a good demo. Especially for the accidental and then
the deliberately accidental mistakes. Thanks for that.

That is a rather nice GUI wrapper around the btrfs snapshot
functionality. The clever bit is integrating the diff reporting and
giving a nice point 'n' click restore. Good stuff.

Shame about the monotone deadpan business hype from the compere... The
kernel announcement magic pause was cringingly painful! I could make
allusions to a certain butler from an old American TV series... :->

Roll on a full fsck and support for large chunk sizes ( >4kBytes, for
use on SSDs for example ) for btrfs.