[Nottingham] A good way of generating and storing secure passwords?

Jason Irwin jasonirwin73 at gmail.com
Sat Nov 12 13:11:38 UTC 2011

On 12/11/11 12:59, Benjamin Crowe wrote:
> I was wondering if someone could point me to a good way of generating
> and securely storing passwords for online accounts? I was thinking of
> storing them on my computer is a secure passworded .txt file. Any other
> ideas would be welcome. Do any of you use a specific piece of software
> for your passwords?

Which passwords?
At the moment I just use a TrueCrypt file containing a set of text files
for passwords and other stuff.

For passwords to web sites you could always use something like LastPass
to generate and store everything.  But that's not going to help too much
with telephone passwords etc.

This is something I intend to look at as well, so I'm interested to see
people's answers.

--
Jason Irwin