[Nottingham] 'elth 'n' safty gone Terry Gilliam Brazil bonkers?!

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Wed Oct 5 08:35:24 UTC 2011

On 5 October 2011 09:00, Michael Erskine <msemtd at googlemail.com> wrote:
> On 5 October 2011 08:23, Jason Irwin <jasonirwin73 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> It's not that crazy really.
>> http://tinyurl.com/mdsfys
>
> Funnily enough, the Dell power adapters would have passed PAT test no problem!

Indeed, that one looks like the old overheated batteries problem. That
is (was?) a problem of both bad battery design and bad charger design,
both with no fail safe. Ouch.

I very much doubt the PAT will test for that!

But we digress...

Is not the onus and responsibility that the delegates have their own
equipment insured and tested as might be prudent?

This example sets an unholy precedent whereby next, do all humans get
PAT tested before even walking into a highstreet shop?...

The only winners on this one are the insurance companies and the PAT
testers. Everyone else loses another chunk of time wasted out of their
lives for the sake of bureaucracy...