[Nottingham] 'elth 'n' safty gone Terry Gilliam Brazil bonkers?!

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Oct 6 09:16:59 UTC 2011

On 6 October 2011 09:27, Mike Haber <Mike.Haber at nottingham.ac.uk> wrote:
>> The EU is already proposing to make hi-viz mandatory motorcyclists.
>
> [Haber Mike]
> Cool, can we re-spray every car, van and lorry high viz too before letting it out on the road.
> They'll be making cats have reflective eyes next.

We'll soon also be dazzled by hyper-bright laser headlights if a
certain 'luxury' car manufacturer follows up on their latest sales
hype. As well as being dazzled, you could well get dazzled by some
unexpected holographic projections as the two headlights cause
interference patterns... (Or how do you get a de-coherent laser...?)

And is the folowing the ultimate example of 'elth & safty?

(But I'm not running anything that would let an email damage my equipment!)

> This message and any attachment are intended solely for the addressee and may contain confidential information. If you have received this message in error, please send it back to me, and immediately delete it.   Please do not use, copy or disclose the information contained in this message or in any attachment.  Any views or opinions expressed by the author of this email do not necessarily reflect the views of the University of Nottingham.

Or is that a crass example of viral Marketing? (For both the lawyers
and anti-virus software...)

A problem with being 'too safe' is that people then get 'lazy/lax' and
they themselves then become more dangerous to compensate for their
fuzzy feeling of being invulnerable and 'too safe'...

Another question of freedoms?