[Nottingham] Android update nefariousness?...

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Oct 13 22:42:08 UTC 2011

On 13 October 2011 22:10, Dan Caseley <dan at caseley.me.uk> wrote:
> Absolutely. I use Titanium Backup to bin off some of the apps that come
> pre-installed with the 3rd party ROMs I use.

Is that a "free" as in free of cost? Or a one-off cost?

Does it need a rooted device?

Explain further?

> It's not just about having apps I don't want use - it's the ones like
> Twitter that launch services and consume resources and battery.

Very much so. I'm especially leery of the ones that can stop the
device going to sleep that then clobbers the battery...

I'm also very suspicious of the ones that can make calls or send txts
on your behalf... I would much prefer to have the destination number
placed in the paste bin so that it then requires my own human action
to deliberately make a (premium rate?) call...