[Nottingham] [Social] *TODAY* Wednesday 19/10/2011: The Cross of Laguna

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Thu Oct 20 12:34:09 UTC 2011

On 19 October 2011 12:19, Martin <martin at ml1.co.uk> wrote:
> Folks,
>
> *TODAY* Wednesday 19/10/2011:
>
>> The Cross of Laguna
>> http://nlug.ml1.co.uk/2011/09/the-cross-of-laguna/571
>>
>> An NLUG social investigating new ale selections in a new venue, all
>> rounded off with a stonkin' good curry:

And a stonkin' good curry it was! Good food and good friendly service.

The Malt Cross proved to be a good venue with good ale, WiFi that
works, and friendly staff. I think we'll adopt that one as one of our
favoured venues. :-)

A good welcome to Paul on a slightly light showing for the evening.

Amongst the hot topics, we ran through php frameworks and web stuff.
Noted the passing of "dmr" aka Dennis Ritchie. Various other bits 'n'
bytes were discussed or consumed. Then later in Ye Olde Trip, I was
diverted by some brewers on a conference here in Nottingham... A pint
or two of history and modern day brewing were soon downed! ;-)

All just in time for the last bus :-)

Dennis MacAlistair Ritchie (b. September 9, 1941; [died] October 12,
2011), commonly known by his username dmr, was an American computer
scientist who "helped shape the digital era."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Ritchie