[Nottingham] Android recording app?

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Oct 21 15:50:07 UTC 2011

Folks,

What, noone is using Android with audio?!...

> The multiplicity of Android apps available is somewhat bewildering for
> my single threaded antique mind...
>
> Can anyone recommend an audio recording app that records at the full
> fidelity of the hardware without mangling everything with excessive
> compression?

What an incredible amount of dross there is in the Android Market!

Sifting through, I found:

WAVE Recorder
http://www.androidzoom.com/android_applications/productivity/wave-recorder_tujn.html

####
This is a simple voice recorder. It records by high quality(PCM/WAVE).
Records in 8000,11025, 16000, 22050, 44100 and 48000Hz - 16bits - Mono.
Recordings are stored on the SD-card (default 'WAVERECORDER').
####

Works fine, and sounds vastly better than the pre-installed (3GPP?)
'voice recorder'. The only hiccup is that it causes my smartphone to
pause while it tries to get an advertisement from the internet.

Are all Android apps now polluted by adverts?!... :-(