[Nottingham] One Time Pad

Jason Cozens jason.cozens at computer.org
Sun Apr 1 08:09:14 UTC 2012

Hi Bart,

Thanks for replying.

I hope you are well.

I've been looking at ways of cracking encryption algorithms such as RSA
faster than the algorithms can be used to encrypt.
I believe I'm making progress with this.

Anyway the computer designs I've been looking at got me into looking at the
One Time Pad.
At the bit level the OTP is trivial.
An XOR gate will both encrypt and decrypt.

I'm doing a presentation on Monday 2nd April at 6.30pm at the Cape in
Hockley in Nottingham.
It's only a short presentation.
The presentation is viewable at:
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1cDNVAzCCYH5iQUAr80j_d0NfV2ozd2Qsyv3hQBsr62s/edit

I believe this is:

1. The fastest encrypt/decrypt method possible.
2. The most inexpensive encrypt/decrypt method possible.
3. A provable secure encrypt/decrypt method.

It's very cheap as there is an abundance of pads freely available.
For example Professor Brian Cox's Twitters could be used.

Also the encrypted messages can be hidden in any digital images as they are
just noise.
For example the encrypted messages could be carried on CD, in Music, In
Video, on Company Web Sites, etc., etc.

Can you pass this on to Mark is what I am saying is correct.

Regards,
Jason.

PS: The sweets you gave me were very nice.