[Nottingham] using Linux for government business

Rebecca Newborough bobobex at bobobex.org
Mon Apr 2 19:36:53 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 2, 2012 at 7:59 PM, Going It Alone <reggaemaker at gmail.com>wrote:

> "we all know that the UK Government has dallied over using Linux for
> government business, but they appear to stall regularly and only ever
> include a small subset of functions in their considerations. So, I've
> started a e-petition on the government website calling for a full
> review with a view to migrating all systems to open source, and
> request that you put your name to it."
>
> Thread can be found here:
> http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/general-10/uk-residents-937312/
>
> --

Hi

Hope you don't mind but I have shared this wider with Lincoln LUG and
Lincolnshire LUG; posted it on my FB & G+ account; tweeted it and done a
forum post on CrunchBang Linux forums to raise the profile, and hopefully
get you some more signatures on the e-petition. I'll also badger hubby,
Philip, to share it wider amongst his open source friends!

As they say, every little helps! :D

Cheers

Becky Newborough
Lincoln LUG