[Nottingham] Silently BLACKLISTED!

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Fri Apr 20 13:17:59 UTC 2012

On 20/04/12 14:00, Jason Irwin wrote:
> On 20/04/12 13:43, David Aldred wrote:
>> I may be being thick, but do the three characters concerned actually
>> meanr anything dodgy, to which Google/VM might be reacting?

> Naw "ml1 - co - uk" is hardly controversial.  I think someone is using an
> over aggressive spam-filter.  Either because said domain looks generated
> (non dictionary, non trademark) or some scrote has been doing a lot a of
> spamming with faked headers.

Well... That's generated a few spam bounce messages for the maillist:

"lug.org" give a nicely low spam rating to classify my posting as "ham"
(ie, not spam).

And then:

free-online.co.uk
plus.com
plus.net: 552 Spam Message Rejected

tesco.net
synacor.com: 554 5.7.1 [P4] Message blocked due to spam content in the
message.

Worse still are the replies that include my "from" address in the
posting, and with that repeated again in the html part of the email as a
link... (Please post to the maillist in text only ;-) ).

Worse still yet, with all that is the collateral damage that too many
bounces due to false positive spam refusals and those maillist members
will get automatically removed from the list... And they will not know
about it!

> This is message #2, message #1 did not contain the offending domain as a
> test.  Apols to those who get a dupe (I do not see my own posts on the
> list, which is a fuggin' annoyance I wish Google would stop).

Mmmm... And there's no apparent means to communicate with anyone that
can make a fix...

Please do not include my mail address in mailings!

-    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- ------------------ - Import from hkp://subkeys.pgp.net