[Nottingham] Key Generation (and key signing)

Martin martin at ml1.co.uk
Sat Apr 28 15:33:05 UTC 2012

On 28/04/12 13:36, david at gbenet.com wrote:
> On 28/04/12 11:09, TJ wrote:
>
>> This is my new PGPKey

> Hi TJ,
>
> Imported your key just fine - hope to see you at the key-signing
> party

Likewise imported fine here.

OK, so keysigning it is this coming Wednesday 02/05/2012 at the NLUG meet.

I'm still musing various aspects of my DEEMail idea...

So... The format will be to hold an informal keysigning for the first
part of the meeting. Then break to grab a beer and follow on with a
second part to briefly explain the present email systems commonly used
and then to introduce the DEEMail ideas.

Another naming idea is to call the new encrypted system GEM... But I'm
expecting that name/acronym has already been bagged far too many times.

Further details to follow.

Those for the keysigning will need themselves, photo-id (preferably a
passport or photo driving license), their own Key ID number, and key
'fingerprint' printed out on paper.

Note that no signed keys should be uploaded directly. As discussed
elsewhere, to avoid any possibility of fraud, the signed key must be
emailed to the email address for that key so that the real owner can
choose to upload the signed key.

Lets party!

- --
- -    Martin Lomas    - OpenPGP (GPG/PGP) Public Key: 0xCEE1D3B7
- - martin @ ml1 co uk - Import from   hkp://subkeys.pgp.net   or
- - ------------------ - http:// ml1 .co .uk/martin_ml1_co_uk.gpg