[Nottingham] Ubuntu + Amazon

Dan Caseley dan at caseley.me.uk
Tue Dec 11 17:51:58 UTC 2012

Agreed. I'm all for advertising as an acceptable method of payment, and
with rare exception (the UI intrusion), I block no adverts at all - the
more Google knows about me, the closer adverts converge on meaningful
content.

This isn't that.

This is dumb "You typed that, so buy this!". It reeks of a cash grab and I
can see why it'd leave a bad taste in the mouths of the Ubuntu faithful.
With the exception of Mark Shuttleworth, does anyone know of a supporter of
this idea? I'd love to get the perspective of the pro-Amazon Ubuntu user.

Dan